|Stable release||4.0.4 / June 21, 2010|
|Operating system||Android, iOS, Linux, Macintosh, Windows|
|Type||Mobile-PC, multi-messenger, sharing and access|
Qnext desktop client runs on Linux, Macintosh, and Windows.
Qnext Mobile solution includes an iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) application that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store, and a Qnext Mobile Web Application (no download or installation needed) that works on any mobile device equipped with a WebKit based mobile browser, such as Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, Nokia, and Windows Mobile 7 devices.
ClientsAll clients are freeware.
- Desktop Client available for Linux, Macintosh, and Windows computers.
- An iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch application that can be downloaded from the Apple store.
- A Mobile Web version and can be used with an WebKit based browser.
Qnext services run in a multi-tasking mode, which lets users perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as talking to a group using video, transfer files, download files, view content, share content, carry IM conversation with others and more.
TechnologyQnext combines multiple technologies to connect users, facilitate communication, manage shared content and deliver shared media to anyone in an efficient way. Qnext uses Java, services-delivery architecture, Unicode, hybrid P2P / Web 2.0 (Peer2Web), Peer2Mobile and cross-platform technologies. Qnext services are plug-ins to the Qnext core with a high security level using SSL encryption. With Qnext, users can share and provide access to their digital content directly from their computers without the need to upload any of the shared content to external servers.
Desktop (PC) client featuresIn addition to the multi-protocol IM and access to shared content as shown above, the Qnext Desktop client (Linux, Macintosh, Windows) lets users import email contacts from AOL Mail, GMail Hotmail, and Yahoo! Mail, to enable the sharing and streaming of shared content to any email contact, 8-way VoIP, 4-way video conferencing; drag and drop file transfers of any size, remote PC access and shared applications. Users can quickly share unlimited number of files of any size, documents, presentations, videos, photos, and music streaming to anyone, even if a recipient does not have Qnext installed.
Multi-protocol (universal) instant messaging for AIM, Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, iMessage, ICQ, XMPP (Jabber), Myspace IM, Microsoft Messenger service (MSN), and Yahoo! Messenger sends and receives IM messages and keeps users truly connected to everyone from a single contact list. Qnext IM implementation supports avatars (animated GIF and images), emoticons (smileys), spellchecker, themes, nudges, time-stamp, multi-chat, chat history/message logging, online messaging, and more.
Qnext file transfer is a fast and secured way to get a file or folder of any size to any Qnext user and can end the need to use FTP or send CDs via courier or deal with email attachment limits. Drag and drop any file or folder of any size on anyone on a contact list, and that is all. The recipient will get a message to allow the transfer, and the content will be transferred. Files are sent using SSL encryption via peer-to-peer (P2P) connection directly to the recipient computer.
With no servers in the way to slow down, file transfers occur as fast as the Internet service connection and computer system will allow. Also, transfers cannot be hacked or intercepted.
Qnext also allows sending and receiving files from other instant messaging services. Most services (such as ICQ, Microsoft Messenger service, and Yahoo! Messenger, etc. have a file size limit and the transfers travel through a server infrastructure. This may compromise security, privacy and quality of service.
Voice chat (audio conferencing) is multi-user voice conferencing (up to eight users at once). Qnext uses direct P2P routing to find the best available network connection; the quality of the user’s online telephone call is high. Linux, Macintosh, and Windows, users can all join a video or voice call together.
Video conferencing is a multi-user Video Chat (up to four people at once). This is where individuals or groups from around the world can meet face to face in real time, to interact for as long as they want, without any costs. Initiating a video conference is straightforward and easy. Qnext automatically detects video & sound devices.
Photo sharing is a way to share photos with anyone in seconds, even if the recipients don’t have Qnext.Any photos at any file format and resolution can be shared with any IM or email contact. Unlike other photo sharing tools, Qnext does not limit the number of photos users can share at a time, or the size of each individual photo. Just select the photos to share, choose your audience (IM or email contacts) and recipients will receive a link that lets them view, zoom, run a slide show, or download any or all photos in small or original format and resolution. No need to upload any photos to public websites.
File sharing is a means to get big files where they need to go, fast. Share an unlimited amount of files or folders of any size. Select the IM or email contacts you want to share with and that is all. Recipients will get a link in an email or an instant message and be able to download any or all of the shared files from any web browser in the world.
Streaming media (music) allows listening to an entire music library and iTunes or Windows Media Player playlists from anywhere in the world. Choose up to 700,000 songs and select an audience; the tunes will be streamed quickly to any who are chosen. Whether users want to share with themselves or with friends, this is the only way to stream your music to any web browser. The users’ library can be browsed by artist, album or genre, or created and shared user’s favorite playlist. Your audience can make their own playlist from your tunes.
Qnext users can access share content directly from the Qnext application. Data transmission is secured using SSL encryption.
Secure remote PC access and share applications for Windows. Qnext remote access technology allows users to remotely access their computers from any Internet connected device in the world, through a standard web browser. It’s an easy and secure solution that enables Qnext users to remotely access their content, emails, files and programs. Qnext users can:
- Set permission to allow themselves or others to remotely access their PC from any web browser.
- Allow a person or a group to view and/or control specific applications on their computer as others watch in real-time (ideal for software demonstrations).
- Request one-on-one assistance from any Qnext contact by allowing them to access your computer, as you watch their action in real-time.
iPhone application featuresQnext improves iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch use by providing tighter integration to the device features and abilities. The devices become one more device in the users worldwide network. Some of the key features of Qnext for iPad and iPhone include:
- Send and receive free instant messages with emoticons using AIM, Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, iMessage, ICQ, XMPP, Microsoft Messenger service, Myspace IM, Qnext, and Yahoo! Messenger
- Synchronize and display user multi-protocol instant messaging contacts
- Real-time presence and the state of each Qnext user (online, offline, do not disturb, etc.) and account’s status message
- Add contacts and groups and view/ edit account and contact information
- Sound and display messages event notification
- Display the listing of each Qnext user shared content with one touch access to the shared content
- View any photographs, albums in thumbnails, full view and slideshow directly from their or anyone else’s computer (by permission)
- View folders and files directly from yours or anyone else’s computer (by permission); supported document types include: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, text and more
- Listen to music directly from host or other’s computer (music library or iTunes and Media Player playlist)
- Qnext App for iPad and iPhone supports OS 3.0 or later
Mobile Web application featuresA web application (Web App) is a computer software application that is hosted in a browser-controlled environment which is accessed over a network such as the Internet or an Intranet. The Qnext Mobile Web Application has the same features as the Qnext iPhone application.
Using the Qnext Mobile Web App doesn’t need any downloads or installation and it should work on most of the smartphones and devices with a WebKit based mobile browser, such as: Android, HTC, iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch), LG, Motorola, Nexus One, Nokia, Palm, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and Windows.
Qnext Mobile Web App can be used in two ways:
- From a mobile device using a mobile web browser. Note that some browsers may not display the app correctly.
- From any computer using a web browser and opening the Qnext Web application. This is a live implementation which operates the Qnext Mobile Web App in real-time.